Class Standing/Classification Policy
Undergraduates need to earn the following minimum number of units to attain the next higher classification:
- 0 units for Freshman standing
- 30 units for Sophomore standing
- 60 units for Junior standing
- 90 units for Senior standing
A student's class standing does not necessarily correspond to the number of semesters or units required to complete all degree requirements, as some degree programs require more than 120 units. See the Academic Advisement Reports for the minimum number of units needed for each UA undergraduate degree program.
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions, Related Guidelines and links, Related Policies, Information for Advisors and Revision History are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.