Readmission to the University
Applying for Readmission
- Students who left in poor academic standing and were absent from the University for one or more regular semesters must apply for readmission (see the Second Start Policy and the Office of Admissions).
- Students who left in good academic standing and missed no more than two consecutive regular semesters may return without applying for readmission (see the Back2UA Program).
- Students who left in good academic standing and were absent from the University for more than two regular semesters must apply for readmission (see the Second Start Policy and the Office of Admissions).
- All students who have attended other institutions during their absence from the University should contact the Office of Admissions to reapply. Returning students must submit official transcripts of all course work completed elsewhere prior to review of the readmission application. Transcripts should be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Students planning to enroll in a new UA college must obtain written approval from the dean of that college prior to readmission.
- Students who have previously attended the University in a non-degree status must apply for regular admission if intending to enter a degree program. Application should be made through the Office of Admissions.
NOTE: Students who withdraw from the University for more than two consecutive regular semesters (Fall, Spring) must meet degree requirements as outlined in the Catalog in effect at their re-enrollment or during their registration.
- Students seeking readmission who were not on academic probation or under disqualification upon departure from the University are eligible to return upon application for readmission, if less than 12 college-level units have been attempted at other post-secondary institutions.
- Students who have attempted 12 or more college-level units at other post-secondary institutions must submit an official transcript of all course work. A minimum cumulative grade-point-average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for course work completed at other institutions. Otherwise, students must obtain written permission to re-enroll from the dean of the college in which they plan to enroll. The Office of Admissions will process the application for readmission according to the written recommendation of the dean.
- Students seeking readmission who left the University on academic probation or under disqualification must receive approval from the dean of the college they wish to enter prior to readmission.
The last dates for receipt in the Admissions Office of all official transcripts and application forms for readmission to the University are as follows:
For students in good standing:
- For Fall semester: August 1
- For Spring semester: November 1
- For Summer I and II: June 1
For students who are disqualified or on probation:
- For Fall semester: Domestic students, June 1; International students, May 1
- For Spring semester: October 1
- For Summer I and II: April 1
For further information contact:
Office of Admissions
The University of Arizona
PO Box 210040
Tucson, AZ 85721-0040
Phone: (520) 621-3237
Related Guidelines and Links
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions, Related Guidelines and links, Related Policies, Information for Advisors and Revision History are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.