Choice of Catalog
The General Catalog is the University's primary official source of departmental, college and university-wide information related to academic programs. Courses, programs and policies that govern progress towards completion of an undergraduate degree are described in the General Catalog.
Students maintaining continuous enrollment follow the requirements outlined by the Catalog in effect during their term of admission. The term of admission is the first term in which a student enrolls in the University of Arizona or in a public Arizona community college or university.
Students transferring among Arizona public higher education institutions must meet the admission requirements, residency requirements, and all curricular and academic requirements of the degree-granting institution.
The Catalog of the term of admission prescribes the following:
- General Education requirements
- Academic policies that govern progress toward completion of a degree
- Program requirements of the student's major(s), minor(s), and certificate(s)
Students Admitted in Summer
Students admitted or readmitted to a public Arizona community college or university during a summer term follow the requirements of the Catalog in effect the following Fall semester.
Choosing a Newer Catalog
Students may choose to follow a Catalog after their term of admission or readmission. This may be done in one of two ways:
- Students may select a new Catalog for their major, minor, or certificate only, in order to declare a newly established major/minor/certificate that wasn’t available during the term of admission or readmission.
- In these cases, the student keeps the General Education requirements and general academic progress policies from their term of admission or readmission. Only the new major/minor/certificate requirements, associated pre-professional requirements, and related policies will follow the newer Catalog.
- Students may choose to follow all of the General Education, major/minor/certificate, and policy requirements outlined by any single Catalog in effect during a later term of continuous enrollment.
Each student is responsible for knowing and abiding by the policies described in their chosen Catalog. See Policies.
Related Guidelines and Links
* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions, Related Guidelines and links, Related Policies, Information for Advisors and Revision History are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.